Monday, June 28, 2010

A Summer Misadventure

Last week Noelle, Anee, and I all decided to go to a couple of the Karpeles Manuscript Museums that are in downtown Buffalo. Just our luck, we went on Monday, the one day they are closed :) However, while driving to get to the museums, which were themselves very cool old buildings, we noticed so much interesting old architecture in the area. So instead of wasting a trip we decided to walk around and take pics of all the cool buildings and homes we found. I know this is a lot of pictures, but this is only about a tenth of all the pictures I took! It ended up being a very fun way to spend the afternoon :D


Above and below are pics from the same church. It was so amazing! You could tell it was built with absolute love and care by the people who would be worshiping there. I have LOTS of pics from this one building alone and if I was a professional photographer I could probably live my whole life just taking pictures of all the different details on this church.

Who would not want to live in this house?!?!

Or this one?





This tree was so big, I'm sure I looked pretty silly bending all different ways to try and get it all in one shot.

This fountain was on the grounds of another building we loved. We had to go in a gate and walk up a drive to see it, but all the gates were open, so we figured no one would probably get mad at us ;)



Above and below are from the same building, another old and awesome church! The fun thing about the area we live in is that there are old church houses EVERYWHERE!

This was and still is a Red Cross building. They have a new building built in the back of this one, but I'm so glad they didn't just tear this down and rebuild over it. The architecture was so pretty.

If you want to see all the pics we took I'll put them all up on my facebook. There really was so much!

3 comments:

Luke and Bridget said...

Looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lis, you are so lucky to be able to tour that part of the world. It is rich in culture that we 'westerners' don't get a chance to see very often. Makes you grateful for those who came before us to ensure our free nation. Keep taking pictures, I'm living vicariously thru you!!

Cassidy & Shawn Marshall said...

all those building are so cool- I love the old fashioned look. Noelle is getting so big! her pig tails are so cute! adorable