Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mee-inn-a-su-oh-ta

Well we made it! The drive was long and it rained non-stop all day saturday for the entire drive. Rain gets old fast when it is all you have to look at and it gets really, really old when you've been staring at it for 17 hours (however it does keep the bugs away which means no nasty guts all over the windshield). Noelle was great though and hardly fussed for the entire trip. She was such a trooper and an angel and I am so proud of her. And we are now in the land of 10,000 lakes. So far it seems like a nice place. We live in a town called Roseville that is just to the north of Minneapolis. It is pretty, and will prob be even prettier when summer gets here and the trees and plants start turning green instead of winter-dead brown. Our apartment is nice too. It is a little older with older appliances too, but it is the biggest apartment we have ever lived in. It is kinda funny that the biggest places we live in are during the summers when we only have half of our stuff :) To be honest I haven't really heard anybody speak with a crazy Minnesota accent, but most of the people I have talked to since I've been here are from Utah. The lady who checked us out at the gracery store wasn't from here either, so I will have to do a little more observing to tell if people really talk like that here. It seems like it will be a nice summer. I am excited to go see the mall of america. Noelle and I will definitely have to go there soon.

3 comments:

Janell H. said...

I'd love to see the pics of Mee-in-a-sota soon!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you guys made it safe and are all settled in. I would be so nervous to take a 17 hr drive with Addie! That would be awful.. good thing your little one was an angel!

wilbergrivkah said...

Have fun and GOOD LUCK!